We have teamed up with Fish For Thought to give you the chance to win an incredible holiday retreat, here in the South West worth £650!
One lucky winner will receive a £500 Luxury Coastal holiday voucher along with a £150 Fish For thought voucher. So whether you choose a coastal cottage or a seaside apartment, you can sit back, relax and take in the beautiful South West views; all whilst enjoying a delicious, sustainable seafood supper. The only catch is, deciding on who will be cooking it!
With the world’s focus now firmly fixed on caring for our planet, sustainability and ethically sourced produce have become more than just buzzwords; they’re a new way of thinking about how we can live well without harming the environment, and local entrepreneurs seem to be pioneering the way!
Here at LC we love to support local, and Cornish-based Fish For Thought’s whole ethos behind what they do, why they do it and how they do it, is one we’re very excited to be a part of. The county, as you probably already know, is one of the UK’s best sources of seafood with its surrounding waters producing a vast range of delicacies like lobster, crab, langoustines, and oysters (to name just a few), so it’s no surprise that its fruits-de-mare grace the menus of many of England, Scotland and Wales’s best restaurants.
Fifteen years ago, Cornishman Paul Trudgian was inspired to leave his completely un-fishy related job in the big smoke and move back to the land of his roots – ‘to start a seafood revolution that would change the way people enjoy fish and shellfish forever!’ And he’s done just that.
With a website that offers an incredible assortment of beautiful local fish, along with seafood boxes to either stock up your freezer with or wow the crowds at a special occasion, all delivered in eco-friendly packaging (what’s not to love?).
So, Fish For Thought ‘marries the expertise and personal service of a traditional fishmonger, with the speed and convenience of online shopping and direct delivery’, and you can rest assured that it’s all done in the kindest way for the planet. Simply put, they get the region’s freshest, sustainably caught seafood to your door in the best and ‘kindest to nature’ way, with deliveries being made to places as far away as outer Edinburgh in Scotland.
Putting those principles of ethical sourcing and sustainability into practice is what sets Fish For Thought apart and here are just some of the actions they have taken to back up the mindset behind what they do.
• They are a Key Supporter of Cornwall Good Seafood Guide
• They have stopped selling products where they are not comfortable with the associated farming practices, catch methods, provenance or sustainability of them
• They are a Sponsor of Lobster Hatchery Buy-One- Set-One Free Program
• They were ‘Highly Commended’ at Cornwall Sustainability Awards 2017, for Best Contribution to a Sustainable Food Economy
• Their salmon is RSPCA Assured & Certified
• They have developed a packaging solution that is Fully Recyclable
• They offer only native lobsters, and are proud that we never have (and never will) import inferior lobster from half-way round the world
• They support the British Fishing Industry, by sourcing directly from the very best boats and markets.
If you’d like to know more about Fish For Thought or if you’d like to sample some of their delicious produce for yourself, visit their website here
Dip your toes into life by the coast. Our newsletter showcases new properties, competitions and more…
Sign up to the Luxury Coastal newsletter to find out about our latest properties, competitions and holiday inspiration.